If black pool algae is keeping you out of the water, Pure Water Pool Services can help restore your Las Vegas or Henderson pool to its refreshing, crystal-clear state. Because black algae is difficult to kill and can cause other bacteria like E. coli to flourish in your pool, it is best to leave this type of algae removal to our pool service experts.
What is Black Algae?
Black Algae looks like algae, but it is a type of cyanobacteria. You may have read news stories about natural bodies of water being closed to public access due to cyanobacteria (aka blue-green algae) blooms. The reason for this is that cyanobacteria, including the kind popularly known as black algae, can harbor the growth of other forms of bacteria, including E. coli.
Even though you may have heard that black algae itself probably won’t make you sick, allowing it to grow in your pool is an open invitation for more harmful substances to flourish.
Signs You Have Black Algae
Just because you see a black substance in your pool, doesn’t mean you have black pool algae. It could be dirt or a stain of some kind. However, here are some indications that you might have a problem:
- You see small black dots or mold-like clumps forming on pool surfaces.
- The dots or clusters seem to “prefer” rough areas of the pool surface.
- The black dots or clumps look like they are attached to the pool surfaces.
- The black substance doesn’t float on the water.
- The dots or clusters are hard to brush off the walls.
- Since it is a type of cyanobacteria, black algae may also appear to be dark blue-green.
Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of?
Unlike ordinary green algae, black algae is notoriously hard to eliminate once it has taken hold in your pool. There are several reasons why this is so.
- Black algae is a bacteria, not a plant.
- It forms in crevices and cracks, which can be hard to reach.
- A protective layer on the outer cell surface makes black pool algae resistant to chlorine.
We Can Help
If you have signs of black algae in your pool, stay out of the water, because it could be harboring other, more dangerous types of bacteria. Call Pure Water Pool Services, your Las Vegas and Henderson pool cleaning experts, for a consultation. We offer a full range of professional services to rid your pool of black algae, including:
- Pool Tile Cleaning
- Pool Acid Wash
- Chemical Wash
- Draining, Scrubbing & Deep Cleaning
- Filter Cleaning & Maintenance
- Regular Pool Service
Give Us A Call & Get Back In The Water
Don’t let black algae growth ruin your summer pool parties. Pure Water Pool Services has professional know-how and tools to get the job done right. Whether you live in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, or Henderson, we can get rid of unhealthy black algae and get you started on a schedule of regular pool service. Enjoy a hassle-free summer of backyard fun.
Call us today to schedule a consultation. We are looking forward to serving you.